Master’s College of Theology offers two types of COURSES, viz.,
1. REGULAR COURSE:
Bachelor of Theology (B.Th.), Diploma in Theology (Dip.Th.), Master's of Divinity (M. Div.)
2. CORRESPONDENCE COURSE:
Bachelor of Christian Studies (BCS) and Diploma in Christian Studies (DipCS)
All the course detail and the admission procedure are as under:
Master’s College of Theology ADMISSION NOTIFICATION FOR
I. Master's of Divinity (M. Div.)
ATA Accrediated Program
Master's of Divinity (M. Div.) is of 3 and 2 (B.Th. Upgrader with 2nd class)
II. Bachelor of Theology (B.Th.)
ATA Accrediated Program
Bachelor of Theology (B.Th.) is of 3 years course for +2 / Inter/P.U.C. students.
III. CERTIFICATE OF THEOLOGY: Duration 2 Years
Master’s College of Theology
Certificate of Theology (C.Th.) is of 2 years course for +2 / Inter/P.U.C. students.
IV. DIPLOMA IN THEOLOGY (Dip. Th.): Duration 1 Years
Master’s College of Theology
Diploma in Theology is of 1 years course for Class 10 pass students.
Application Form for admission can be obtained from the Master’s College of Theology (MCT) office.
* The filled in application, with required qualification and supportive documents should reach the MCT office by 15th May. If student is from abroad he should get the approval of his eligibility by the Senate of Serampore College (University) prior to his / her admission.Documents required with the Application Form
1. Mark Sheet of Intermediate/Higher Secondary/Pre-University/Pre-Degree Course/+2 with any of the recognized universities.
2. Character and Conduct Certificate from the Institution last studied.
3. Letter from the local pastor certifying (in the Blue Form) that the applicant is a communicant member mentioning the length of membership in the congregation.
4. Official letter of Church Sponsorship from the Head of the Church. (If the applicant is sponsored by the Church).
5. Signature from the competent church/sponsoring authority/parents/guardian in the Financial Guarantee Form is compulsory. (Pink Form)
6. Certificate of Ministerial experience, if applicable.
7. Physical Fitness Certificate Form (Yellow Form) given by a Registered Medical Practitioner.
· Send only attested photocopies of the certificates
· Incomplete applications forms shall not be considered.
· An applicant, if selected for studies in MCT and not yet married at the time of admission, should not marry during the entire period of study except on valid grounds. Permission for this should be sought from the College Administration in advance.
To download application form, go to
Last day of admission for all courses is: 5th June, 2017
The classes begin on 12th June, 2017
Send the filled in application form with all supportive documents to the following address :
Master’s College of Theology,
Plot No. : 5-7, Kommadi Road,
Madhurawada, Visakhapatnam – 530 048.
Andhra Pradesh, India
You can also send the SCANNED DULY FILLED IN FORM to EITHER PRINCIPAL or ACADEMIC DEAN at:- mctvizag@
* MCT follows the rules and regulations formulated by the Senate of Serampore College for all Degree programmes.
* The Principal sends admission letters to the applicants and the applicants are expected to bring the letter on the day of admission.
* On the reopening day, all eligible applicants have to attend the interview and on the following day, Entrance Examination (Bible Knowledge, English and General Knowledge) will be conducted by the College.
* On production of all original certificates and documents, selected candidates would be registered with Master’s College of Theology and there after with the Sentate of Serampore College. (University)
* English is the medium of instruction for all courses and therefore, a reasonable proficiency in English language is required of all candidates.
* On the recommendation of the Faculty Council, MCT awards Master’s College of Theology diplomas and certificates to the successful candidates on the completion of all the requirements of theSenate of Serampore College (University) awards degree certificates at the annual convocation.
IV. Correspondence Courses under Senate of Serampore College (University)
i. BACHELOR OF CHRISTIAN STUDIES (BCS) 3 Years
ii. DIPLOMA IN CHRISTIAN STUDIES (DipCS) 2 Years
The objectives of the B.C.S. and Dip.C.S. programme is to:
(a) Develop “Kingdom of God” values (with special reference to Justice, Peace and
Integrity of all Creation);
(b) Create critical consciousness and openness, to analyze cultural, social, economic,
political and ecclesiastical values;
(c) Provide tools for interpreting the Word of God in different contexts in society;
(d) Enable persons to become effective witnesses in the context of their varied and
(e) Provide theological education as a transforming influence in personal, ecclesial and
BCS Rules and Regulation can be downloaded here:
B achelor of christian studies regulation
Courses (subjects) offered for the BCS students are here:
subjects offered in the whole BCS
Fee Structure of BCS and DipCS Course is attached here:
For further information, contact the External Studies in-charge, at :mctvizag@
For information about Correspondence courses please contact:
External studies in-charge:
Mr. R. Satish Karun: 9705052802